Following these practices results in important benefits, ranging from protecting occupant health, improving employee productivity, more efficient use of energy, water And other resources, and a reduction in the general impact on the environment
In order to obtain the LEEDE sustainable building certification, Torre Iberdrola has performed a thorough analysis of the project, assessing various aspects of the tower:
- LEED Certificate Regeneration of the building’s surrounding area, public transport access, parking capacity, bicycle parking, best use of spaces, etc.
- Public transport. To reduce transport contamination related effects The Iberdrola Tower is located in an urban environment, well connected via the public transport network, underground, tram and urban buses.
- Bicycle parking and changing rooms. To reduce contamination and the effect of car usage, the Iberdrola Tower will offer its tenants a bicycle park (300 places), including showers they can use.
- Low emission and efficient vehicles. To reduce contamination and the effect of car usage, the Iberdrola Tower will offer its tenants 15 electric vehicle parking spaces, with a charging point.
- Best possible use of open space. The Iberdrola Tower development design has been intended to guarantee that at least 20% of the free areas shall be green areas.
- Efficiency In water
- Consumption reduction, 40%. To reduce drinking water demand in the building, innovative technology has been used such as electronic taps and the lavatory flush volumes shall be limited, so as to reduce standard consumption by 40%.
- Waste water innovative technologies. The grey water recovery system is located on floor M1 to reduce drinking water demand. Grey water is recovered from the bathroom washbasins on floors 2 to 32 and this water is treated to be used again in the toilets and urinals on the rented office floors and floor M1. Rainwater will also be used from the roof drainpipes. A filter will be fitted prior to the connection of the rain drainpipe system to the grey water recovery system to remove 80% of suspended solids.
- Efficiency energy and use of Renewable energy Use of renewable energy, energy saving, air conditioning system control, etc.
- Green energy. Torre Iberdrola will contract all their energy consumption from IBERDROLA Green Energy which comes exclusively from 100% certified renewable energy sources. These are characterised as being extremely environmentally friendly as they prevent the emission of CO2 and other contaminating gases, whereby reducing the greenhouse effect in the atmosphere.
. IBERDROLA Green Energy Implies commitment to cleaner, more ecological and more appropriate energy to protect the environment.
- Energy optimisation. The HVAC system has been designed to optimize efficiency, flexibility and comfort for users. This is achieved as a result of the high supply of outside air renewal for ventilation and the synergy with the architecture of the tower itself by means of active façade ventilation.
On each floor, the air conditioning is distributed via a large number of independent units (VRV – Variable Coolant Volume) whereby it is possible to achieve different temperatures at different points on a floor, as well as obtain significant energy savings. Units can also be switched off in areas not used very often.
Approximately 20% energy saving can be achieved as a result.
- Quality environmental Indoor Low emissivity, thermal comfort, ventilation, views, etc.
- To improve future tenants’ health conditions, materials with low levels of volatile organic compounds have been used to build the Iberdrola Tower to ensure that their components do not dissipate during the building’s service life.
- Materials and resources Expenses for construction, reuse of materials, recycling, etc.
- Recycled content, 20%. With a view towards preserving natural resources the materials used to build the Iberdrola Tower certify that at least 20 % of the total contents consist of recycled materials.
- Regional materials, 20%. So as to reduce the environmental impact caused by goods transport, at least 20% of the material used in the construction of the Iberdrola Tower are obtained from within an 800 km radius.
- Technology and process innovation This system also allows future tenants to benefit from the sustainable strategies implemented by the promoter, obtaining their own interior Leed Certificate, with the great advantages this implies.
- Design guide. Given Iberdrola Tower's platinum pre-certification, it will be simpler for future tenants to certify office implementation. To this end, a design guide will be available with the recommended environmentally sustainable dimensions.
Following these practices results in important benefits, ranging from protecting occupant health, improving employee productivity, more efficient use of energy, water And other resources, and a reduction in the general impact on the environment.